Sunday, March 15, 2009

I'm as surprised as anyone!

Porter brought me the mail yesterday afternoon and there was a big fat white envelope from Harvard University. As you probably would have guessed, Fat=Good News, so I opened the envelope and found out that I was accepted to Harvard's Graduate School of Design. Next to my mission call, that was the second most exciting white envelope i've ever gotten. I wasn't even expecting it for another few weeks and then I was expecting a rejection letter and I had totally convinced myself that I'd be going to Upenn out of a lack of options and I had been preparing myself for Philadelphia again, which by the way, I would totally do again. So it looks like August is going to be a busy month with the baby coming at the beginning of the month, and then packing everything up and moving at the end of August out to Cambridge, MA! I'm really excited and left poor Amanda to carry the worry burden which she does so effortlessly. Who cares how were going to pay for, were going to HARVARD!

15 comments:

Doug and Mallena said...

Wow! What great news! Congratulations! So you're going east again? You guys just can't stay away from the east coast can you. :) I don't envy you when it comes to August though. That will be one busy month, but thank goodness you have family that is so willing to help. Good luck with everything!

emily a. said...

CONGRATS on 2 things! Fantastic news about school. Boston is a great city and you will love it. And... a baby? Um, how did I miss out on that one? Did you post about this and I didn't catch it? Congrats.

Kathy said...

Congrats Casey! We are so proud of you. I am sad that you are moving so far away again but I hope that it will bring you back to Indiana for keeps in 18 months!! I love you and I am glad Harvard is smart enough to see what we see.

Lucy said...

Congrats that is so exciting!! Good luck with everything!!! That is awesome!

Elaine said...

Yeah! I am soooo excited and happy for you guys. Please stay with us on your way up to Cambridge. I can watch the kids (and Amanda) while you house hunt.:-)

Sierra Parke said...

Congrats! How exciting. Hopefully we'll be able to see you guys again when we go up to Boston this summer. It'd be nice to see the little ones again. Keep us posted with baby newsbites as well. Let us know when you find out the sex too!

Peggy said...

Now I know you think that we didn't think this was possible but really since the Calvin and Hobbs towel design I knew you had genious in you and it was just a matter of time before the whole world recognized it---we are proud of you and greatful that you have Amanda to find all the ways to pay for it! I'm glad we'll be back in time to help you move again.

The Molen's said...

Very Awesome Casey!! Bryan and I are both thrilled for you. We visited Boston a year ago Labor Day and it is, by a million miles, our favorite place we have ever been. Cambridge is incredible too! Very cool. Congrats!

Searls Stuff said...

Congratulations! Hang in there Amanda; Casey is so lucky to have your support.

Christy said...

Congrats on the baby AND Harvard!!! That is so exciting!

leigh said...

4 kids in boston? sounds fun! how long is grad school? maybe we'll come to visit sometime. congrats congrats.

Jerry & Tanya said...

Casey what a blessing Aunt Tani and I are soo proud of you both. It will be a wonderful experience.
You are awesome

Stephanie said...

Casey,
Today on FoxNews they had a girl on that had made a website for people to contribute $$ for her to go to Notre Dame. Maybe that could work for you!? I'd contribute. I'll contribute without a website. Congratulations, I figure if you're going to be in school this long, you ought to get a big name on your diploma.

Willie said...

Congratulations Amanda for getting Casey into Harvard, cause we all know he couldn't have done it without you. Now we have a reason to visit the East coast!

Shilowe said...

Congratulations! What an exciting opportunity! Best wishes with everything!