Saturday, May 31, 2008
Posted by Casey at 12:09 PM
Friday, May 23, 2008
On another topic, today is my last day of work at Olin Partnership. I am going to miss it, I have learned so much in this short year that i've been on my internship here in Philadelphia. I am excited to get back to Indiana and I know Amanda is too, but we really have enjoyed Philadelphia and all the friends we and our children have made. We are going to miss our friends.
Posted by Casey at 1:26 PM
Thursday, May 22, 2008
Do you remember those days when you were a kid and you stayed out as late as you could playing on bike ramps or making forts or playing barbies and you'd come home so exhausted that you fell asleep in the middle of whatever make believe game you were playing. Ah, those were the good ol' days.
Posted by Amanda at 8:10 AM
Saturday, May 17, 2008
The surprise visitor (a rider happened to be walking on the trail and stopped so the kids could feed him and take pictures with him. we couldn't have planned it better!)
Posted by Amanda at 6:08 PM
Friday, May 16, 2008
We found Cockroachera plotting it's evil, dastardly plan of laying millions of eggs in our qtip box where we'd unsuspectingly place them in our ears and they'd grow and incubate, and then when the time was right, come spilling out of our ears to consume our man flesh.
Maus, (pronounced with a throaty, guttural noise, Mouwze) was found in the bottom of our trash can after he fell for our peanut butter trap. Peanut Butter is the rodent Kryptonite in case you have the same problem we have. Due to Maus's furry and cuddly nature, he did not hitch a ride on the Porcelain Express like Cockroachera did, but found himself flung into the community trash can to await his sentence of "Maximum Compaction." Sorry PETA, no mercy here.
Posted by Casey at 7:53 AM
Sunday, May 11, 2008
You know how people like to make mother-in-law jokes? Well I like to turn those all into father-in-law jokes because I adore my mother-in-law!
9) I love that I can say "Oh I always love eating (name a dish)" and she will say "How do you make that? Is it the one with (this ingredient) or (this ingredient)?" I swear she has the recipe to everything she's ever eaten memorized!
8) I love how she always has a great book to recommend (even if it is The Red Tent which made her blush while reading it aloud to us on our trip from Rexburg to Indiana)
7) I love all the wonderful stories Casey has to tell our kids about what a fun Grammy they have (today he told the the one where she pretended to hammer a nail through her nose and tricked all the boys real good)
6) I love how she can converse with and make anyone feel comfortable
5) I love that she wants so badly to be with my kids (even though she can't right now)
4) I love the great gifts she sends (and the skill with which she shops e-bay)
3) I love that she is such a great mother that the Lord decided to send her to Peru to be mother to all the special missionaries there.
2) I love that I feel comfortable in her family and enjoy being with them
1) I love that she took the time and energy to raise the most wonderful husband a girl could ever want!
I love you too! -casey
Posted by Amanda at 7:17 PM
Last year for Mothers Day I was addicted to Bebo and my siblings and I wrote a memory of our mom each day leading up to Mothers Day. My mom still talks about how much she loved that. This year I read someone elses blog where they did a top ten list of things they love about their mom so I've decided to copy that briliant idea!
10) I love how she likes giving people advice (just ask the millions she's helped on mommasource)
9) I love what a wonderful cook she is (my best recipes come from her)
8) I love that she is so giving and out of the blue will help each of her kids out with whatever she sees they need/want
7) I love that I can call her and tell her I feel crappy and she makes me feel better without making me feel guilty that I needed my ego stroked.
6) I love how much effort she puts into things (especially church callings)
5) I love how much she loves my kids. She always sticks up for them and reminds me how lucky I am to be blessed with such great kids.
4) I love that she LOVES planning things. Anything...a concert trip...a youth activity...a family reunion...grandparents camp (you name it)!
3) I love that I can call her for help on ANYTHING, ideas for a church calling, tips for getting my baby to sleep through the night, recipe advice, nursing, house cleaning, moving info, tricks for replacing a water heater, (the list goes on and on).
2) I love how she is the first one there to help when help is needed (and how she always seems to know just how to make it better)
1) I love how she makes me feel special just because I know she loves me and likes me just the way I am!
Posted by Amanda at 6:37 PM
I'm sure that is what the little mouse is thinking since he is sitting at the bottom of my trashcan as we speak (type). I set up the trap again last night and he fell for it (the little dummy(hopefully it's the same little dummy and not another entirely different dummy). Now comes the tricky part, finding him a new home (any takers?).
Posted by Amanda at 8:24 AM
Saturday, May 10, 2008
Posted by Amanda at 9:03 PM
Thursday, May 8, 2008
We got to play around in the grass
and despite the way it looks we all had a lot of fun (the kids were imitating the statue in the background)
Posted by Amanda at 12:37 PM
Wednesday, May 7, 2008
It was a beautiful day to be lost in the big city (yes, with me as a tour guide we spent a lot of time lost)
Who's excited to go see the star wars exhibit at the Franklin Institute?
Posted by Amanda at 10:18 AM