Friday, October 28, 2011

Time Out For Women (Cincinnati)

One of my all time favorite events is Time Out For Women.  It's not even that the event is so great, but my mom started the tradition of taking me and my sister and it's always such a great time spent together.  Casey has a short work day on Fridays so I got to leave early and Ender and I made the trip to Cincinnati and met Mom, Sarah, Joy, and Miranda at the Gap Outlet.  OH MY GOODNESS!  My new favorite place.  I still can't fit into my pre-pregnancy jeans so I've been living in yoga pants, but not any more.  The outlet had jeans for 9.99!  I was thrilled that not only were they cheep but I found three pairs I loved and since I got new jeans I also figured I needed new shirts, so I got two shirts also.  AND...I got a pair of tennis shoes for Porter for 9.99.  JACKPOT!!!   After the Gap Outlet we went to Ikea and spent the rest of the day browsing and buying all kinds of fun and exciting stuff.  Then we headed back to the hotel and as we were trying to find our room we passed a guy walking around with a beer bottle in his hand.  He took one look at me carrying my laundry basket full of clothing (I should have packed a suitcase but oh well), and said in a real loud voice "LAUNDRY, WHO COMES TO A HOTEL TO DO LAUNDRY?"  We all giggled about that until Miranda said "Who comes to a hotel to get drunk?"  Then a few minutes later we stepped off the elevator only to come face to face with the same guy who yelled "LAUNDRY!".  Funny stuff.  As if that wasn't funny enough when we got to our room my mom unlocked the door, walked in and came face to face with a large mirror.  She saw herself, and thinking it was someone else, started screaming.  We all about died laughing.  We spent the rest of the evening playing Skip-Bo, eating Danato's pizza, and chatting.  A wonderful evening!
 
The next morning we got up early and headed over to the conference center.  The speakers were awesome and we all left feeling like they were speaking about the individual challenges we were facing.  My mom always gets us a book as a little souvenir and this year I got
I've really enjoyed it so far.  Lots to think about.

Sadly all good things must come to an end.  I wish we could do it more often, but I guess that's what makes it so special.  We're already discussing plans for a Girls Craft weekend!  Isn't Ender hilarious in this picture (I had to take all my pictures from my mom and Sarah's blogs I left my camera in the van the whole weekend)?  Such a funny guy.

4 comments:

Larry said...

Way to steal those photos. It has been a few weeks and I still want to go back. Craft day can't come soon enough for me. I think Sarah is planning a craft for Thanksgiving. I love you and miss you all!

Larry said...

That's from mom, dad didn't sign out :)

Elaine said...

You guys are so funny! But seriously who does go to hotel to do laundry?

Peggy said...

I wish I was a Porter girl so I could go with you guys!