Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Pumpkins!!!

Everyone has been posting these wonderful visits to pumpkin patches and I'm completely jealous. I love pumpkins and think pumpkin patches are so great, but we haven't been able to go to one this year but luckily the pumpkin fairy (poppy) left each kid a pumpkin on the doorstep so we finally got around to decorating those last night, and the following is what ensued...


Porter working dillegently on his masterpiece
Look at those faces of concentration 'this is serious business'
Maya contemplating where to place the next stroke
'Seriously, you're letting ME hold a paint brush?'
Maya's Masterpiece

Porters pumpkin
Bennetts beauty
All was well and good until they started painting each other...
I'd love to blame it on the kids but I think Daddy's mostly to blame (he at least should have known better)
But look how happy they are

Porter thought it was so cool, he did not want to wash it off, and I just thought maya looked creepy.

7 comments:

ginger said...

I should have told you sooner...there is a farm with a pumpkin patch right by fresh pond.

Sarah Harward said...

OH MY GOODNESS! This is too funny and cute! The kids thought Porter, Maya and Bennett's face's were so funny with the paint on them! I thought the picture was of Bennett painting his pumpkin was funny (mainly because you caption 'seriously, you're letting ME hold a paint brush?' was so fitting and funny!). Wish we were there to paint with you guys!!

Kathy said...

I have to say, I am glad I wasn't there. I may have ended up painted also...

Searls Stuff said...

Wow! Maya does look creepy! You would never know there was a beautiful little girl under all that paint.

emily a. said...

So much fun.

Rob said...

i love your blog, Amanda. You are making sure your kids experience the best life has to offer. You and Elaine are a lot alike that way. Just jump in the car and go, or anyone up for a hike? It makes me have faith in people.
Elaine's mom

Angela said...

We have some strikingly similar photos of by bro & sis and I when we were 5 and under. I think it was done all on our own and included glow in the dark paint.