and we're loving every minuet of it.
Porter tried to jump out of the moving car to get to his Nana. After being patient for far too long, he didn't want to wait another second.
She came bearing gifts. She brought Porter and Maya a HUGE tub of purler beads. It was pretty cute because on the way home from the airport the kids kept telling her how much they had loved doing the beads. She played dumb, and when we got home she gave them their gift, and they were like "THESE ARE WHAT WE WERE TELLING YOU ABOUT!"
Bennett got a cute little Curious George journal (so perfect). And everyone got haircuts (everyone but Miles), we always save haircutting for Nana (thus the reason our hair gets a little shaggy. We don't see her enough).
What else have we done?
- Lots of cleaning (LOVE it!)
- Scouring the craft store (she got a whole gob of stuff for a diorama of Prairie Life)
- Planning an entire week of fun
- Staying up too late
- Organizing EVERYTHING
- Building a (no tools required) shelf (my hands are still bruised. I would rather have used tools)
- Going to the Library
- Playing at the park
- And perhaps best of all...CHUCK E. CHEESE
"Nana's the HERO" was a frequent phrase around our house today!