Saturday, April 3, 2010

Family Time


Yesterday was Gorgeous! I'm so glad the nice weather is sticking around. In the morning I took the kids to a park near our house (several of the homeschoolers meet here each week), and they had a blast playing with their friends. I decided we couldn't leave the house until it was somewhat clean, so we were rushed, and I left without snacks, diapers, wipes, ANYTHING. Just me, the kido's and the stroller. As were sitting enjoying the beautiful day I look over and see Casey walking through the gate looking all handsome and studly with a bag full of Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches. Aaahhh relief. The kids devoured them and Casey sat with us for a bit before he had to head back to school, but on the way out he informed me that he had packed me a bag with diapers and whatnot, and put it in the stroller for me. What an angel. It's so nice to be though of. Then, when I got home he had cleaned the kitchen for me (who is this guy? And what did he do with my husband?). Then (as if that wasn't enough) he came home early from school and suggested we go to a movie as a family, so we utilized some of our free movie tickets (from cereal boxes), loaded up the van and headed to the theater. We saw the movie "How to Train Your Dragon". It was cute, and the kids loved it (although now, instead of wanting a dog, they each want a Night Terror)! Overall an exceptional day!

3 comments:

Sarah Harward said...

How great!! Casey is amazing! Did he know you had forgotten all that stuff, or just happend to be in-tune to your needs? So great!!!

Elaine said...

What a great family-I am so grateful for your friendship and example in my life!

Kathy said...

Casey is a HERO!! Glad you had fun.